In an effort to better inform parents about the Smarter Balanced State Assessment, the Burnt River School District is providing the following resources.
- 2017-18 Annual Notice for Statewide Tests - English | Spanish (PDF)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions about the SMARTER-Balanced Assessment System (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Parents (PDF)
- ODE Link: Smarter Balanced Assessment
- Descriptor of Levels (PDF)
- What a Passing Score Means:
Oregon House Bill 2655 permits parents to annually opt-out of Oregon’s statewide summative tests in English Language Arts and Math by submitting the “opt-out” form to the school the student attends. The school shall provide any student who is exempted from a state test with supervised study time while other students are testing. The opt out form may be found using the link below or in the office of your child’s school.
- Opt Out Form - English (PDF)
If you have additional questions which are not answered here please contact the principal of your child’s school or Lorrie Andrews, Superintendent/Principal, at 541.446.3466 or Lorrie Andrews Lorrie.Andrewsburntriver.k12.or.us.